Ice and Fire Mod 1.16.5 → 1.16.3
Minecraft Ice and Fire is a mod that adds legendary creatures, such as dragons, to the game. Explore caves until you find dragon eggs, hatch, grow, and ride them!
Description about Ice and Fire Mod
How do I ride dragons in Minecraft Ice and Fire mod?
Minecraft Ice and Fire mod is made by two people: Alexthe666 and Raptorfarian. They realized Minecraft would be so much cooler and hotter with some new mobs. The two rolled up their sleeves and added 15 new mobs, including an ice and fire dragon.
To ride a dragon in Minecraft Ice and Fire, you need to:
- find a dragon egg
- hatch it
- grow the baby dragon
- ride it
How to install Minecraft Ice and Fire?
You need to install three things on Minecraft Java:
- Ice and Fire
They must be for the same version of Minecraft!
A combination that definitely works is:
- Ice and Fire
Install Forge. Drag Citadel and Ice and Fire .JAR files to the mods folder. Start the launcher. Choose the Forge 1.16.5 installation, wait for it to load and…
What to do if Minecraft Ice and Fire crashes?
Join the official Discord and report the problem there. Visit the official GitHub page and post your Minecraft crash log and list of mods there.
Where are all the new mobs in Minecraft Ice and Fire?
Ice and Fire Minecraft mod won’t spawn any new mobs within 1,000 blocks of your spawn point. The new mobs are:
- Amphitheres are feathered serpents that spawn in Jungle biomes.
- Cockatrices are chicken-lizard hybrids that spawn in Savanna biomes.
- Cyclopes spawn in Beach biomes and only in Cyclops Coves, though they can wander off into a Plains or Savanna biome.
- Death worms burrow through Desert biomes.
- Fire Dragons spawn in any biome where the temperature is higher than -0.5, except Badlands, Savannas, and Jungles.
- Ghosts spawn in graveyards found in all biomes.
- Gorgons spawn in Beach biomes and only in Gorgon Temples.
- Hippocampi are horse-fish hybrids that spawn in Ocean and Deep Ocean biomes.
- Hippogryphs are eagle-lion hybrids that spawn in mountains, deserts, and sand biomes.
- Hydras spawn in Swamp biomes in special locations called Hydra Lairs.
- Ice Dragons spawn in any biome with a temperature equal to or lower than -0.5.
- Lightning Dragons spawn in Badlands, Savanna, and Jungle biomes.
- Myrmex are ants that spawn in hives deep under Jungle and Desert biomes.
- Pixies are tiny fairies that spawn in Dark Forest biomes near Pixie Villages.
- Sea Serpents spawn in Ocean and Deep Ocean biomes.
- Sirens are human-fish hybrids that spawn on rock islands in Ocean biomes.
- Stymphalian birds are hawk-like mobs that spawn in and near Swamp biomes.
- Trolls spawn deep underground in Snowy Tundra, Mountain, and Forest biomes.
What are the new items in Minecraft Ice and Fire?
Dragon Bone are harvested off of dragon skeletons, which can spawn in the world. To craft Dragon Bone items, you need witherbones, which drop off of wither skeletons and cockatrices.
Dragonsteel ingots are made through the Dragon Forge and used to craft Dragonsteel weapons, armor, and tools.
Dragons can wear armor too.
Where can I find a dragon egg in Minecraft Ice and Fire?
You need to defeat a stage 4 or 5 female fire dragon, which is only found underground. It will leave behind 1–3 eggs. Other mods that add dragons to Minecraft can create a conflict with Ice and Fire, which can make the dragon not drop any eggs.
How do I hatch a dragon egg in Minecraft Ice and Fire?
Put a fire dragon egg in a fire and leave it there for a few minutes. The recommended way is netherrack lit on fire.
Put an ice dragon egg in water. It will freeze and the dragon will hatch shortly.
Put a lightning dragon egg in the rain and leave it there for a bit. If the rain stops, the hatching will stop too. When hatched, the egg will create a lightning strike, which can cause a fire.
How do I grow a baby dragon in Minecraft Ice and Fire?
A baby dragon will take 25 days to reach the next growth stage; in total, it’s 125 days from hatching to full size (Stage 5).
You can give it Dragon Meal (5 bones and 4 of the same meat of any kind, except fish) to skip a day’s worth of growth.
A fully grown dragon is 50 blocks long.
How do I ride a dragon in Minecraft Ice and Fire?
Tame dragons stage 3 and higher can be right-clicked when you have nothing in your hand to ride them. Use WASD to control the direction, hold spacebar to start flying and rising, X to descend, and press Shift to dismount.
While riding a dragon, hold R to breathe fire and G to have the dragon attack a nearby mob with melee.
What else can I do with dragons in Minecraft Ice and Fire?
Up to three baby dragons can ride your shoulders! Look at a stage 1 dragon and click on it with your empty hand. It will climb on your shoulder. Press X to make it dismount.
A Stage 3 or higher wild or tame dragon will power a nearby Dragon Forge in Ice and Fire. If you do everything right, this will turn iron ingots into Dragonsteel ingots.
You can trap a dragon near a Dragon Forge to have it powered as long as the dragon is awake. Set the Dragon Forge well away from your base.
There are new items that let you control dragons:
- Dragon Command Staff orders the dragon to follow, wander or fly above you
- Dragon Bone Flute call a flying dragon to the ground
- Dragon Horns let you summon or unsummon a dragon
- Dragon Summoning Crystal binds to a dragon and instantly summons it to the owner
How do I choose ingredients for the Minecraft Ice and Fire Dragon Forge?
You must match:
- the dragon type
- the dragon blood type
- the Dragon Forge type
So, a fire dragon can power a fire Dragon Forge with fire dragon’s blood to make Fire Dragonsteel ingots.
How do I summon dragons in Minecraft Ice and Fire?
Make a new world in Creative mode. Type in /summon iceandfire:fire_dragon or /summon iceandfire:ice_dragon to summon the respective dragon. If spawned together, they will start fighting.
If you summon only one dragon, it will start wandering the area. A fully grown dragon is powerful enough to break through walls without any effort.
In Creative mode, you can feed any spawned dragon a special item called Creative Dragon Meal to tame and ride it. You cannot tame wild dragons outside of Creative mode.
Minecraft Ice and Fire is an exciting mod with new mobs, new items, and new areas to explore. The makers promise to introduce vampires, werewolves, and many more in the months to come.
Note: All must use the same version
How to install Ice and Fire Mod
- Make sure you have Forge Mod installed
- Search and download any mod you like on our website.
- You will get the .jar file after downloading, copy the file.
- Press Window + R, type %appdata%, press Enter.
- Navigate to the .minecraft folder, then to the mods If you don't have a mods folder, create one, paste the .jar file inside the mods folder
Download Ice and Fire Mod
1.16.5 - 1.16.4 - 1.16.3